Friday, February 13, 2015

On the fly non surprise

Last weekend I had a terrific idea!  Since our family is attempting to be with each other more and spend more quality time together, I thought it would be a great thing to plan a little getaway.  I thought it would be a fun surprise to head to Great Wolf Lodge.  We live fairly close to one and have yet to spend time there.  I wanted to change this.

I made arrangements for our kitties to be taken care of.  I made sure to dig out swim suits and gear, because it's cold here and that stuff was packed away.

Since it was going to be a surprise trip and on the fly at that, I logged onto the Great Wolf website.  I put in the dates and checked on rooms.  No dice.  Well, let me rephrase that.  There were about 3 rooms available for Friday and none for Saturday.  Sigh.

I thought maybe it was a website thing, so I called them.  Nope.  Nothing available for Saturday but they had a room that was $419 for Friday.  The extremely nice woman on the phone said that amount nonchalantly, like everyone can just fork that kind of cash over for a room for a night.  As much as I wish we could, that's over half of one of our mortgage payments.  Yikes!  I thanked her for her time and decided my fun idea wasn't going to work out.

Someday I hope to take the kids to Great Wolf.  I've heard it's a fun place to go.  I just wished it would have worked our for us this time.  Ah well, more planning next time.  On the fly didn't seem to work this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment